Friday, July 16, 2010

Eggplant, Tomato, and Mozzerella Salad

During the summer months, I LOVE fresh produce and herbs. I also LOVE going to the Farmers Market or local farms to find these fresh treasures! ( I would grow them myself, but Farmers Markets thrive because of people like me! I cannot grow a thing!) I really have never cooked with egglant until now, and I have to say..... I am IN LOVE! More Eggplant recipes to come!

6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 medium eggplant, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
Coarse salt and ground pepper
1 pound fresh mozzarella, sliced
1 pound sliced tomatoes
1/4 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves, torn
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar


Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Brush two rimmed baking sheets with 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil each. Arrange eggplant slices on sheets. Brush tops with 2 tablespoons oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast until eggplant is golden and tender, about 20 minutes. Let cool to room temperature.
On a serving platter, layer eggplant with sliced mozzarella and tomatoes. Top with basil leaves and drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons oil and balsamic vinegar.
(Recipe and picture found at Marthastewart.com)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...