Saturday, November 6, 2010

Potato Crusted Salmon

I LOVE salmon and crazy thing is... SO do my kids.  We grill it, bake it, microwave it,(yes, I said microwave), broil it, eat it raw.  You name it, we've done it!  This recipe was made for me 8 1/2 years ago by my darling husband.  Really I think he was trying to impress me AND that he did!  Now it's a family favorite and I almost can't make enough because my kids devour it!  THATS A GOOD THING! ENJOY!

Potato Crusted Salmon
1 lb salmon, 3/4 inch thick (I get mine at Costco)
1 egg white, slightly beaten
2 tablespoons water
1/3 cup dry mashed potato flakes
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
1 teaspoon olive or vegetable oil

Remove and discard skin from fish. Cut fish into 4 serving pieces. Mix egg white and water with fork. Mix dry potatoes, cornstarch, paprika and lemon-pepper seasoning. Dip just the top sides of fish into egg white mixture, then press into potato mixture.

In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over high heat. Cook fish, potato sides down, in oil 3 minutes. Carefully turn fish, using wide slotted spatula. Reduce heat to medium. Cook about 3 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with fork.
Recipe and picture from here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...