Thursday, January 20, 2011

Best Dang Grilled Ham and Cheese EVER

My ultimate comfort food....  Drum roll....  A really good grilled cheese sandwich on big thick bread and perhaps dipped in a wonderful Roasted Red Pepper Soup.  OMG!  My mouth is salivating as I write!  As I was at lunch awhile back with a very dear friend, I stumbled on the BEST grilled ham and cheese sandwich I have EVER had!  And guess what it had in it?!  Pears.  Yep, that's right!  Pears!  So, here is my version of this recipe.  AND, if you have ANY doubts about this recipe, do me favor and make it, then let me know!  ENJOY!
8 slices of your favorite bread
Butter for spreading 
16 oz. Gruyere cheese
2 pear, sliced thinly
deli ham, sliced thinly

Layer 8 slices of sandwich bread with 16 ounces Gruyere or other melting cheese, 2 thinly sliced pear, and 8 ounces thinly sliced deli ham; top each with bread.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Spread outside of both bread slices with butter. Cook sandwiches in batches, if necessary, until golden and cheese is melted, flipping once, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Cut sandwiches in half and serve hot and dip in soup! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...